SA Health is invested in enhancing the security and quality of patient care and reaching the patient outcomes that are best feasible.
The protection Learning System is a credit card applicatoin that allows all SA wellness services to record, manage, research and analyse patient and worker incidents in addition to customer feedback. It can be useful for taking details about safety solutions also to record formal notifications like those for coronial things or malpractice that is medical.
The objective of each one of the SLS modules, and which legislation they relate to, is described into the table of Key SLS Modules (PDF 92KB).
Any employee having an SA Health HAD login can record an incident into SLS.
Skip to parts of information making use of the matching links below:
Great things about SLS for the customer and SA wellness solutions
Advantages of SLS for the buyer and SA Health solutions includes:
- It facilitates good medical governance by providing just one system across SA wellness that manages incidents, customer feedback and notifications.
- SLS has helped embed a culture of security and quality to the day-to-day routines of many SA wellness employees given that findings associated with review or research of activities in SLS provides a way through which valuable lessons can be learnt and high quality improvements identified.
- The device is employed to examine trends in reported occasions and recognize particular areas for enhancement at both a state-wide and Health that is local Network (LHN).
- Whenever along with information off their systems within the LHN Analytics and Reporting provider (LARS) and QIP Hub, SLS permits all staff to observe how SA health insurance and their own health unit compare contrary to the National protection and Quality Service guidelines (as well as different state key performance indicators).
- It can help to see workers while the public by facilitating the publication that is annual of South Australian Patient Safety Report. This report also incorporates a summary of a few of the quality enhancement initiatives which were implemented, some being the total results of styles which have been identified from SLS information.
- Through the introduction of wireclub SLS this season we are able to see a marked improvement within the reporting of incidents to the system from 32,696 reported for 2011/2012 compared to 61023 reported in 2017-2018. More to the point, we could see a general decrease in incidents with damage that are down 57% from 2011/2012. This means since its inception we have been now shooting more dangers and near misses which offer us with all the given information to avoid those from reoccurring or getting more severe.
Staff use SLS in many ways based on their part and obligations. You will find guides and training to aid users who:
- Are recording an event or near neglect into SLS (notifiers)
- Have actually obligation for summary of reported incidents (supervisors or supervisors will require user/login access)
- Have actually responsibility to produce reports and make use of them for quality enhancement and monitoring styles.
Some SLS data is additionally presented regarding the QIP Hub.
SLS features quantity of modules for various purposes and forms of incidents. Each has information and resources to help users.
Patient incidents in SLS. Perform Health Protection incidents in SLS
Everyone supplying solutions on behalf of SA wellness must record all client associated incidents, including near misses, into SLS. All incidents reported into SLS are evaluated and severe incidents undergo more investigation that is detailed.
Work Health and protection (WHS) reporting into SLS ensures a process that is standardised conform to appropriate demands and also to offer information to aid future risk control and WHS avoidance programs.
Information in WHS event reports on SLS is governed by the Perform Health and protection Act 2012 (SA)
All employees ought to report Perform Health and protection incidents including:
- Hazards, such as gear faults, environmental factors
- Incidents without any damage
- Incidents with injury or damage, including physical damage or stress that is mental
Safety incidents in SLS
A protection event is any event or scenario that led to an ask for crisis or non-emergency protection attendance. Included in these are whenever some of the crisis Codes are called.
The reporting and report about both crisis and non-emergency protection incidents to SLS will subscribe to improving safety for clients, workers and site site site visitors.
You can find legislative along with other needs to help keep documents of whenever these incidents happen.
Consumer feedback in SLS
Customer feedback (including complaints, compliments, advice and suggestions) are recorded and managed in SLS to push enhancement when you look at the quality of medical care solutions provided and enable the recognition of styles and danger. In addition allows wellness solutions to ensure they’ve been responding in a prompt way to the concerns of this customers.
Notifications in SLS
The Notifications module offers a device for nominated SA wellness supervisors to record facts about notifiable incidents. Included in these are deaths (under needs of this Coroners Act 2003), possible malpractice that is medical alleged sexual attack or misconduct incidents.
Coroners and Medical Malpractice notifications are evaluated by SA Health’s Legal Governance and Insurance solutions device (ISU) and referred on to SAICORP as needed.
These notifications usually do not consist of those needed by SafeWork or Public wellness notifications.
Finding SLS on your pc
To get SLS on your own SA wellness computer, click Start – All Programs – business programs – SAH Applications – protection Learning System