Make Your Account
Signup for relevant jobs and profession advice from Uncubed, delivered straight to your inbox. It is possible to unsubscribe at any time.
Sr. Item, Regulatory & Business Counsel
LendUp, Oakland, CA (temporarily remote)
Our objective would be to offer you aren’t a road to better health that is financial.
LendUp is really a monetary technology startup situated in Oakland centered on changing the subprime credit and financing room. We’re a Y-Combinator alum w12 that is(YC supported by prominent investors such as for example Bing Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and Kapor Capital. Our item will be found in 7 states and we’ve seen great press protection within the Wall Street Journal, Financial instances, CNN, NBC, TechCrunch, Venturebeat, Inc, Wired, Bloomberg, Fortune, and Dow Jones, and the like.
Exactly just just What we’re doing:
At LendUp our company is on an objective to produce you aren’t a path to raised economic wellness. Huge numbers of people don’t have admission to quality credit. Their choices are usually unfair and limited, plus it’s very easy to be caught in a financial obligation period. This is actually the problem that is first attempt to re re solve, by making use of our blended expertise in pc software, information technology, credit, and training, to the provided passion for monetary health insurance and dignity.
Our core product, the LendUp Ladder, is an alternative solution to payday advances that transforms a trap into a chance to borrow at reduced prices and build credit. And each we see our customers succeed day. We’re building additional financial loans which will help us further speed up our objective of supplying you aren’t a path to raised economic wellness.
The Sr. Product, Regulatory and Corporate Counsel is in charge of employed in close partnership with specific sections and get a cross practical groups to give you appropriate and guidance that is regulatory LendUp develops, implements and updates its services and products.
- Advise company partners that are taking care of brand brand new and existing products from item development through launch, including compliance advising in terms of such services and products
- Provide timely, succinct and business-focused advice that is legal federal and state customer banking and financing laws and regulations, including Regulation E, TILA and Regulation Z, MLA, ECOA, FCRA and UDAAP, and banking regulations like BSA/AML, and information privacy and security legislation.
- Advise the LendUp item team on item advertising, adverts and disclosures.
- Offer regulatory advice to LendUp’s commercial and federal government relations counsel to help with negotiating commercial and bank agreements, and help legislative and policy issues.
- Offer regulatory advice and support to LendUp’s conformity group.
- Make use of banking institutions in developing cardholder agreements, disclosures and other item security
- Instruct and handle counsel that is outside since necessary
- Manage LendUp’s state lending certification demands, including acquiring and licenses that are maintaining
- Structure and draft loan agreements for LendUp products
- Handle litigation and work issues, and any matter impacting an ongoing company, as essential to offer the company
- A proven high-caliber, experienced, solution-oriented and proactive lawyer with expertise in the lending area
- Deep experience analyzing and advising on many dilemmas associated with the economic solutions industry, with certain expertise on customer electronic banking, participants in a variety of re re payments systems, including issuer processors and system supervisors, sub-prime and installment loans, such as the rules, regulations linked to banking institutions and state certified
- Deep knowledge of Regulation E, Regulation Z, BSA/AML, TILA, ECOA, FCRA, MLA and state regulations linked to lending
- Capability to balance working separately with little to no guidance and working closely and collaboratively within a tiny appropriate group
- Power to interface efficiently along with quantities of the organization (professional management, HR, company divisions, etc. ) and also to gain the trust and self- self- confidence of other people
- An enthusiastic feeling of ownership, and extremely adaptable to an environment that is fast-changing
- A business that is solid with practical danger understanding
Education and Experience
- JD and 8+ years of expertise, including in-house that is practicing a fast paced FinTech startup business ( or in an comparable environment) for at the very least three years, with significant give attention to consumer financing
- Preferred candidate has experience involved in the re re payments room, straight with regulators representing certified businesses, and negotiating and drafting complex monetary solutions contracts
- Successful solution oriented and creative problem solver
- Capability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, with effective resolution of conflicting priorities
- Exceptional dental and written interaction abilities and capability to work both in groups and separately
- Admitted into the CA circumstances club or authorized counsel that is in-house hawaii Bar of Ca
- Love of life
LendUp has all the stuff you’d anticipate from the mission-driven business, like a competitive income; very very early phase equity; 100% business paid medical, dental and eyesight insurance coverage; ample vacation/sick leave policy; 401(k).
But right here’s everything we really like about LendUp lifestyle:
- We’re focused on a diverse and inclusive tradition that payday loans Michigan spurs innovation and produces a significant and work environment that is impactful
- Certainly one of our values is “different backgrounds, exact same objective. ” We’re passionate about diverse applicants and possess channels that are slack to anything from mu
LendUp is an opportunity that is equal
We increase equal job opportunities to qualified candidates and workers for a basis that is equal of ones own age, battle, color, intercourse, faith, nationwide beginning, impairment, intimate orientation, sex identification or phrase, maternity status, marital status, military or veteran status, hereditary disposition, or other explanation protected for legal reasons.