Position name: Knowledge Management Officer, BDEV3
Position N°: 50102222/ 50102223
Book date: 02-Jul-2020
Closing date: 01-Aug-2020
Duty place: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
THE FINANCIAL INSTITUTION:
Institution, advertising financial development and social progress throughout the continent. There are 81 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member nations). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the monetary and tech support team for transformative jobs that may notably reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable growth that is economic. So that you can sharply focus the goals associated with Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and make sure greater impact that is developmental five major areas (High 5s), tending to speed up our distribution for Africa, have already been identified for scaling up, particularly illuminate and energy Africa; Feed Africa; Industrialize Africa; Integrate Africa; and increase the standard of living for individuals of Africa.
The Board of Directors provides oversight and strategic way to the African developing Bank Group. It really is made up of Executive Directors who will be representatives associated with African developing Bank user nations. Particularly the Board is in charge of the conduct of this general operations of this Bank, and carries down the next functions: (1) determine the typical framework associated with Bank’s solutions; (2) accept the financing policy and simply just simply take choices concerning loans, guarantees, equity assets and investment loans because of the lender; (3) determine the attention prices of loans and guarantee commissions; (4) approve the Bank’s operations system and budget that is administrative (5) prepare the task for the Board of Governors; and (6) submit records and yearly reports, plus the administrative spending plans when it comes to approval associated with Board of Governors. The Board does its sort out a few permanent Committees that review and reveal policy and system documents and then make appropriate tips towards the whole Board. The Independent Development Evaluation (BDEV); Compliance Review and Mediation device (BCRM); Secretariat towards the Sanctions Appeals Board (BSAB); Administrative Tribunal (BATR) are accountable to the Board.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The overarching objective for the African Development Bank’s Independent developing Evaluation (BDEV) is always to improve the development effectiveness associated with Bank in its local user nations through separate and influential evaluations, oversight over self-evaluation procedures and items, and proactive engagement in assessment partnerships and knowledge-sharing tasks. The core mandate of BDEV would be to conduct evaluation that is independent, offer appropriate classes, develop and harmonize criteria and techniques, help assessment capability development along with partner agencies and attest into the credibility https://online-loan.org/payday-loans-de/ of both procedures and also the results of African developing Bank’s self-evaluation activities. BDEV additionally collaborates and exchanges information with bilateral and development that is multilateral’ evaluation departments, and undertakes joint assessment of co-financed jobs and programs.
BDEV has three divisions; BDEV1, BDEV2 and BDEV3. BDEV1 and BDEV2 divisions concentrate on undertaking evaluations. BDEV3, the information Management, Outreach, and ability developing Division, is in charge of knowledge management, dissemination and outreach tasks around IDEV evaluations, as well as giving support to the growth of assessment capacities both in the financial institution plus in its Regional Member nations.
The primary goal associated with the Knowledge Management Officer place would be to offer support to assessment groups in fostering engagement with stakeholders through the entire assessment procedure, as well as on retrieving, compiling and presenting knowledge that is evaluative means which can be helpful for fulfilling different knowledge requirements.
Duties and duties
Underneath the direction and guidance for the Division Manager BDEV3 the Evaluation Officer will:
- Work closely using the Principal Knowledge Management Officer, Senior Knowledge Management Officer and assessment groups from the utilization of IDEV stakeholder engagement techniques;
- Work closely with assessment task supervisors and groups through the entire assessment process to aid the retrieval, compilation and sharing of real information with techniques which can be attentive to clients needs that are’
- Identify appropriate sourced elements of assessment knowledge as well as other extract and information, compile, analyse and present this for usage when you look at the planning of evaluation reports, presentations, along with other knowledge and interaction items;
- Help assessment, knowledge dissemination and management tasks (such as for example conferences, missions, occasions) carried out by expert staff and/or professionals and participates in these tasks as required;
- Identify and contact interior and sources which can be outside other stakeholders to look for needed information;
- Consolidate, categorize and continue maintaining history information and documents on appropriate dilemmas, developing related databases and information systems and updating them appropriately;
- Make sure that a precise review path is maintained of most stakeholder engagement and that all associates and tasks are recorded in a stakeholder database;
- Perform other duties as may arise.
- Holds at the very least a Master’s level (or comparable) in Communications, pr, advertising, Social Sciences, Policy review, or field that is related.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience working in development businesses.
- Knowledge of assessment procedures
- Capacity to recover, package and information that is present into the requirements of this client/audience
- Capability to communicate effortlessly orally plus in composing
- Knowledge or experience involved in knowledge administration or interaction
- Expertise in participatory approaches and stakeholder engagement
- Knowledge about outreach tasks.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Focus on information.
- Demonstrable power to work collaboratively as an expert, strong group player having a respect for other individuals as well as the ethical demands of this task.
- Power to communicate efficiently (written and dental) in English or French, ideally with a knowledge that is working of other. Proficiency in both English and French will be desirable.
- Competence within the utilization of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, succeed, Access and Power aim); understanding of integrated document management system and/or online interaction stations can be an advantage that is added.